I'm excited to share that our upcoming Journaling Project will be released next weekend.
If you missed my introductory post on Instagram a few weeks ago, here is what I originally wrote:
I'm not an expert at much, but I do know what it is to deal with questions of self-worth, anxiety, depression, and the big ponderings that make you wonder if any of it matters... if you matter. But that pain and those questions have helped to carve a deeper basin for joy in my life and the stuff that truly means something.
In our next journaling project (head over to @gratitude52community to get an idea of how last year's project worked), I'll share weekly journaling prompts to help you to rediscover and unearth *you*.... "For we are fearfully and wonderfully made", and that's worth knowing.
Who is this project for?
- Anyone (although it will mostly be women.... sorry, fellas) who might be feeling a little worn out by life. Anyone who wants to spend a few minutes to recharge each week in self-reflection.
- Anyone who feels beat up by life and wants to rediscover some good in themselves and in other people (secret: it's already there ;)).
- Anybody who feels somewhat lost with their place in the world and wants to discover it again.
- Anyone who has a creative itch and wants to tap into a regularly-guided creative outlet.
- Creatives who want to connect with other creatives in our online community.
- Creatives who want to deepen their relationship with themselves and their Maker.
- Beautiful, giving, warm-hearted, wonderful souls like YOU.
How will the project work?
Each month I'll share a monthly YouMatter theme, and within that theme I'll share weekly journaling prompts. Those prompts will come to you in your email inbin. There will be specific hashtags so that we can find each other on social media outlets.
I have ideas for going bigger with this project; but for now, we'll try it out for a month or two and see how it goes. This is meant to serve *you*; so, as we go along, if you have suggestions for the project, I would certainly consider incorporating them.
What supplies will you need?
- A sturdy sketchbook
- Some watercolors
- Pencils & Erasers
- Colored Pencils
- Any other art supplies with which you feel most comfortable using
Is it more for Sketchbooking or Journaling?
Either/or... or both. I personally like combining the two. To give you an idea, here is my completed journal from our Gratitude52 Journaling Project in 2016:
Your journal could be filled with writings, sketches, illustrations, collages, or all of the above. More important than the materials used is that it's filled with expressions of you.
I'll outline more of the details next week. Look out for that email on 10.28.17!
Love to you all.